Friday, December 01, 2006

A Different December...

During this time of year thoughts, prayers and memories all intermingle with reality that Micah is serving in a war. The marked difference of the life we have here in America clash with Micah's stark living conditions in Iraq but in photos it doesn't show on his face and his voice continuously assures that he is alright. When I spoke with him last he had a cold but was on the mend. He told about one of their missions working in the orchards at one of Saddam's palaces. He said it was beautiful. If you're like me - I can't wait till he can send pictures.

Here he is workin' That boy loves to drive.














Night vision goggles- you know he loves these - bet he wishes he had them at Auburn.















He also said he is training on some new equipment. He can't say what or where but they are out on missions a lot now - I think they were out during Thanksgiving and I know he is out at this writing. After intense situations and hard work - Y'know Micah is always gonna find a way to play.

He says Hello! Loves you all! Is thankful for all you are sending! Misses Everyone!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy one and all...

GREAT PICTURES!! You're to much Micah! I love to see your smiling face!!

We missed you so much at Thanksgiving but you didn't miss much. I tried to kill everyone by serving a half cooked turkey! I hope I do better at Christmas! Speaking of Christmas, just so you know, I will be sending you a package soon (do not open until Christmas) and a package to Birmingham for when you come home.

Thinking of you always...

Crazy Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hey Micah and everyone...

I heard you got to see Ali, Elise, Alexander, mom & dad yesterday by way of teleconferene...how cool is that?! Your mom said that you looked and sound great! It's such a comfort to know you are OK!

Well here is the lastest Colts news...We Stink! We lost again... stinkin Jacksonville! The game was awful, we got our butts kicked! It won't be the Superbowl for the Colts this year that is for sure, I had such big hope too. Alright, I've turned into a football freak...I can't help it! ~*Note to Ali : Football Rules!~*

Christmas is just about here. I am mailing you a package today after work so you should have it before Christmas, I hope! The rest of your present will be at your parents for when you come home!

Nothing is really new here in Indy...just waiting for the snow to come. I hear it warmer here than in Iraq.40 degrees, what's up with that...Brrrrrrr! We've been in the 50s but I know it won't last! Don't even ask why I'm typing to you about the weather, I'm sure you are thinking "That Crazy Aunt Kathy is Crazy". Oh well.

Becareful and safe...there is not a day that goes by that I'm not thinking about you. I'm so proud to be your Aunt... Love ya!